
I had a blast.
Seriously, the night couldn't have been better.
Steven made sure I was well taken care of and that I was having fun, not like I was an obligation to fulfill to impress someone.
Which, sadly, has been what many of my dances have been like.
But FORGET THEM.
It was pretty nice. :]
WARNING... I wrote a lot. So bear with me here.
For the day date, we went to the DI. The girls picked out outfits for the boys, and vice versa.
We had some awesome outfits, I'll say that much right now.
We then wore them while we went rollerblading.
And... Got some awesome looks.
I went home and got my hair did by my lovely aunt Nae. :] (I AM FOREVER GRATEFUL TO YOU!) We went to dinner at Olive Garden, and then went to the dance.
I just want to say... My group was awesome.
I have been in many different groups and with many different guys to dances.
I've been in groups where NOBODY dances, and just stands in back and talks.
I've been in groups where they kinda dance, but they keep to themselves... in the back.
I've been to dances with guys that kind of bob their heads...
I've been to dances with guys that don't move at all.
(Although, as a disclaimer, my junior year homecoming was pretty much the bomb.com!)
This dance, however, my group went RIGHT to the front.
We were constantly dancing.
Nobody cared if they looked stupid or what anyone else was thinking.
Everyone just made it the best it could possibly be.
Plus, we didn't go, get our pictures taken, dance for a half hour, and leave (which makes me crazyy)
We were at the dance for two hoursss. :]
So. Much. Fun.
Something I thought was cool:
We were standing in the lobby outside of the dance, waiting for the rest of our group. Right before the last couple came out, my favorite song since sophomore year (Hear You Me - Jimmy Eat World) came on. I looked at Steven with a look that screamed "PRETTY PLEASE?!" And told him what song it was. He looks at the rest of the group and goes "Uh, we'll be back out as soon as this is done." And pulled me back into the dance.
I got to dance to my all-time favorite song at my last high school dance with someone I actually respect and don't regard as a dirtbag. :]
And then we went to Lucas' house and had ice cream and brownies with homemade hot fudge.
Which, at midnight, doesn't do the best to your tummy.
But it was super good, regardless :]
I'LL NEVER FORGET:
bopwaf, starlight, geese, italian, why did the chicken cross the road?, WHAT THE RANDOM COW? ...IS THAT A U... oh. Nevermind. The DI. CHIEF DIRTYBUM FROM THE NO-WIPEUM TRIBE! Longboarding (or the failure thereof), random jogger taking our picture, new experiences, bingo, random drunk lady freaking out over our attire, poor old man who fell on his bike :[, Hear You Me, and everything else.
Last two weeks of high school...
I'm going to give it my all.
No comments:
Post a Comment