Saturday, January 5, 2013

Punch to the Gut...

I'm turning 20 this year.
Wow, right?

Well... I've heard many times that your twenties are the best ten years of your life.
When I heard this at first, I was like 13.
Back then I was like "Nah dude. Being 13 is the shiz."
Ohh, younger me. How much you didn't know.
I don't really know what will happen, because these ten years hold ENDLESS, HUGE possibilities.
I could go on a mission.
Get married.
Graduate.
Have a child. (....Holy CRAP.)
In fact, I probably will do all these things before I turn 30.
(Again... HOLY CRAP.)

But I'll tell you one thing.
I'm going to have the time of my life doing so.
These next ten years WILL be the best ten years of my life.
Consider this an official guarantee from me...

I, Kaitlin Jo, solemnly swear that I will live out my twenties with more gusto, party, spirit, and soul than goes into a well thought out Zumba lesson. These ten years will not go by unnoticed. I will touch lives, hearts, and minds in a way that only I can. I will let laughter, love, and good company into my life and invite them to take off their coats, stay awhile. I will not "wish away these days, waiting for better ones ahead". I will make a difference in this world for anyone I'm capable of helping. I'm ready. My time is now.

1 comment:

  1. I love you soooo much, my darling daughter. I'm so very proud of you and all you have accomplished and will yet accomplish. And I know that will be a LOT! Sit back and enjoy the ride, just like I've taught you to. I really don't know what I would have done without you in my life, I thank Heavenly Father every day for giving me you. I love you!

    ReplyDelete