Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's day.

Welp, this past week has pretty much been the same as the others haha.
Sunday night we went to the devotional that the BYU dancers put on. It was amazing! Completely unfair that that huge group of people could dance, sing, and play some sort of instrument. Spread the love, guys. It was really good though. Our friend that we made at the dancing thing (Cody) was there and came to talk to us afterwards. He said we should add him on facebook, so we did... Aaaaannnd now they're gone and we'll never see him again. Haha. But at least we're facebook friends, so that's cool.
The rest of the week was full of working. We're starting to work more of the front desk, although we're still mostly in housekeeping. Which I actually really like. I feel like it's perfect. I think they're giving us five days a week housekeeping, one day of a full 8 hour shift at front desk, and a couple four hour shifts after we get done with housekeeping.
Our one crazy manager did get fired on Wednesday. I guess that's good news!! I was at work the next day and our cool manager that everyone actually likes says something about having to run things by herself now and I said "By yourself?" and she goes "Yep. She got fired." I was like... Trying not to smile? Trying not to show how pleased this made me? Haha. It was good.
Friday I had a day off and Kenz had to do housekeeping. It was the least productive day I've had in a long time... I slept forever, sat around and watched TV forever, talked to Mary forever... Yeah. By the time I finally was showered and ready it was probably like 6:00 haha. I did get to order a couple things online, so that was good. Hopefully they come soon.
That night I was suuuuuper prepared. In bed, lights out, ready to sleep at 11:00 on the nose. But, of course, the one night that I get to bed at a decent time my brain won't shut off. To start off, I got a call from a lady in our ward at around 11:30 offering us some bikes (YES!!). So then I get ready to go to sleep again, and I was so wound up. I felt like I could run laps around the apartment. Also, I was dying of heat. In shorts and a thin t-shirt. Which never happens! It's always freezing in my room. Finally, around midnight, I get a notification from facebook saying that my friend Kyle had commented on something I posted to Mary's wall. Which, of course, starts this whole conversation in which we tagged Mary as many times as we could and then ended it by saying five things we each liked about her. She gets on right after Kyle lists his, and so SHE starts commenting on everything too. Which was awesome. Because I miss hanging out with Mary and Kyle, and that whole thing was kind of like the three of us talking together again.
So then I put my phone down. By now it's like 1:00, and my brain finally feels ready to go to sleep. I probably laid in bed for another half hour or so though before I went to sleep. THEN. On top of going to sleep at 1:30 and having to be up at 8, I had awful dreams about tornadoes all night long! I'm terrified of tornadoes! And that only amped it up even more! And THEN, I wake up late. And as I go stumbling out of my room with a grand total of 20 minutes to get ready, Kenz is like "It's a thunderstorm!" and a huge clash of thunder goes off. I'm just standing there like a deer in the headlights, trying not to cry. Because I've read the signs of tornadoes. And a thunderstorm is just the first step.
Anyways. I didn't die.
Saturday night we agreed to watch a couple of our coworker's daughter's friends. Well, her friend and her friend's sister. Her daughter came too, so that was fun. We just went up to the restaurant and ate, and then we tried to go to the last BYU dancer's show. Well. We walk outside, and it's raining. Hard. And, the wind is blowing. HARD. It was like somebody up there had a fan on high power and they were dumping buckets of water into it every couple seconds or so. Awful. And I'm terrified, because now this has to be a tornado. I mean, the wind is a sure sign! But we did make it down to the visitor's center for the show, even though we had to watch a projection of it and not the live thing... Whateverr.
So that was the gist of Saturday.
Today.
We both taught primary again, this week I taught Sunbeams again and Kenz taught Valiant 8. Which was awesome! I only had ONE kid, again, and it was the same kid... Haha. Anyways. Also! We got invited to din din again! But not by the Call's, by a lady in our ward! I think her last name is Smith? Something with an S.... Idk. But she's in the Relief Society presidency and she's the one who put the little ad in the newsletter for the ward for our bikes. How kind of her!!

Onward... To Fazhas day.
On facebook, I only posted that my dad was a good dad and that I love him. But I want to add, now that I'm thinking about it and seeing everyone else's gushy posts:
I look up to my dad a lot. I find myself doing things because he does them, or hoping that what I do and say will impress him or make him proud. I quote things or whatever cause I want him to look at me and say "Yep. That's my girl." He always knows just what to say when I'm frustrated and upset, and I cry every freaking time I get off the phone with him because he's just so tender about the way he says "Okay. Thanks for calling me. I love you, bye." And I just want to hug him.

I love my parents so much. And I'm sad that I had to miss both Father's day AND mother's day. But, I know that what I'm doing is so right. And as much as it kills me to leave for a year and a half on top of these three months here, I know that my parents think and talk about me with that ever-so-coveted smile and say "Yep. That's our girl."
Gosh. Dang. Dad, if I don't call you today, it's because I will probably cry the entire time I'm on the phone with you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment