Sunday, June 9, 2013

I win...

Wow. So it has been over a week since I blogged last? I am very sorry Mom and Grandma, since I know you want the day-by-day... But I think on this one I MIGHT have to paraphrase.

Friday we got paid. We went to Keokuk and replenished our turkey and cheese sandwich supplies. When we got back, we were able to babysit for a lady that we work with. We just hung out with her daughter and her daughters friends for the night. It was definitely interesting... I don't know if it's the Gospel or if times have just really changed since I was that age (8-10) but it was weird. You would have thought these girls were like 13-14 with how they were acting. One of them kept texting her "boyfriend". Another one kept sassing her mom on the phone. You know? Just stuff like that. It made me grateful for who I am and how I was raised! But we had our friend Natasha come over that night too. She seemed just as shocked as we were by how they were acting...

Obviously we had a pretty busy week that week. I mean, we did something every night! So what did we do saturday? Just hang out at home. Can't socialize any more than we should, right? So we just watched some supernatural, I think we went on a run, and went to sleep.

Sunday we went and had dinner at Natasha's house. Her family was gone for a few days so we joined forces and had dinner together and watched a movie. We ALSO planned out a trip to Chicago! We're going to go the first, second, and third of August. We want to go to a Cubs game, go to THE BEAN! And some other stuff too. I think we'll end up meeting up with Landon for most the time so that a) we can avoid the dodgy parts of town and b) know what there is to do. But I am SO EXCITED TO GO! That's going to be my prize at the end of the summer for making it through all this time of doing nothing. I am so excited haha.

The rest of this week was kind of a blur. I worked every day, monday through saturday, and even got to start at the front desk. Which is so much fun! I love talking to guests and helping them. I just love talking to people in general buuuut.... Yeah. I really enjoy it. Except for when there's nothing to do... Then it's really bad haha. By Saturday I thought my knees were going to give out from under me and that my tendons in my ankles were going to snap. I should prooobably get some inserts for that...

This past week and this coming week the BYU folk dancers are in town. On Friday, we went to see one of  their performances. And these guys were really cute! So we talked to a couple of them afterwards and got to know them a little bit. We went to the temple and talked to some people on the phone for a little bit, and on our way home we saw that Annie's Custard was FULL of the BYU dancers! Right then and there we had a large hankering for some custard... The line was like out the door so we were standing on the steps outside of it and one of the guys that we had talked to was sitting on the bench outside so we talked to him for a little while longer, totally acted like we were already on our way for custard and didn't just come to get it because we saw that they were there....
We went to the show the next night, too. They usually do a two hour long performance when they go places, but since they have the missionaries doing Sunset on the Mississippi right before their performance they split it up into two different nights. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday shows are completely different from the Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday shows. ANYWAYS. So we went to Saturday's show. We talked to one of the guys that we had talked to the night before (uh. Super big crush on this kid.) During the show we kinda acted like these guys were our best friends, just because they were the only guys our age that we had made somewhat friends with? Haha so it was fun talking to him again.

Don't mind my not looking at the camera. But the guy on the right is named Cody, and he's the one that we talked to on Saturday. The one on the left is named Will and he was the one we talked to at Annie's.

Then we overheard somebody talking about BYU football players. So we turn around, and there are these two guys, that had been there the night before, and one of them is married to a dancer on the team. When Kenz hears that these guys are BYU players, she's pretty well in love (with the single one, anyways). She was going to kinda talk to him, but she never did get a chance, so on the way out I told Sister Call that she thought he was cute (cause Sister Call had an entire conversation with this guy about the South; he served in Georgia) and she sat there and told Kenzie that she would regret it forever if she didn't talk to him so she needed to just go talk to him! So we finally got her to come up to him and ask for a picture with them. We ended up talking for about 15 minutes or so. We think he was going to ask us to do something cause he kinda had the "well we should do something" tone of voice, but he asked his cousin when they were leaving the next morning and they were leaving at like four cause they wanted to go to Adam-Ondi-Ahman and stuff. We didn't exchange numbers or anything, but I told Kenz that she needs to add him on facebook in a couple weeks..
.I love this picture because I look tiny compared to these huge football players.

In this two-day timespan, I also made a very important decision. I've been agonizing for months about whether or not I need to go on a mission. I'll have finally convinced myself that I needed to go, and then the fearful part of me would say "No, maybe I should stay home... Maybe a mission isn't right for me... Maybe..." But then I also couldn't convince myself to absolutely do one thing or the other. Finally, probably about Monday, I was like "Alright. I'm just going to go back to school." So I started thinking about what classes I could take or whatever. Over the next couple of days I planned on it, and it just felt wrong. Not wrong in a "you would be making the worst mistake of your life" kind of way, but in a "your life would be so much better if you decided to go on a mission" kind of way.
So I'm going on a mission.
I told that to Sister Call and President Call and they were both really excited. Later in the show Sister Call leaned over to me and said "Just think about it: You will never have this moment in your life again."
Which at first I was like "Uh. Okay."
But after I was thinking about it some more, I kind of started to panic about it. It felt like my seconds were slipping away, and there I was not enjoying every single one of them. But that then made me realize how blessed I was to be there in Nauvoo. When I look back at my life in years to come, I will be so grateful for the opportunity I had to come here and learn to love Nauvoo.

Also, I got to teach Primary again today. I have this little guy in Sunbeams that I adore and he adores me!


Anyways. We're going to the Call's for lunch in about ten minutes and then hopefully a devotional with the Folk Dancers!

No comments:

Post a Comment