Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Faith

I was watching The Rescuers today, and I noticed the best quote that I want to hang on my wall!
"Faih is a bluebird you see from afar. It's for real, and as sure as the first evening star! You can't touch it, or buy it, or wrap it up tight, but it's there just the same;making things turn out right."
Today was hard. I got thinking about it, and I don't know what we're doing here. We came out here to make money, and neither of us have broken 1000 yet in savings. Which is frustrating and makes me feel like i'm just wasting time. I could be making just as much and be home with my friends and family! Be preparing for my mission and getting my mission papers done so I can leave sooner!

Anyways. After I threw myself a cute little pity party and was dying for someone to just talk to me, I realized that what I really needed was to talk to my Heavenly Father. After I did, and after I grabbed my scriptures and read for a bit, I got true comfort. I know I'm important to the Lord. I know He has a plan for me, and that for whatever reason I'm cleaning hotel rooms in Nauvoo. I have faith that everything will be okay. Now.... If only this stupid air conditioner above us would shut up so I could sleep. Tonight it sounds like a train, if you were wondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment