Thursday, May 16, 2013

Cleaning.

Wednesday 5-15-13

A DAY OFF. A day completely off. We have Sunday off, but we were pretty busy Sunday. So we had planned to go to the wagon ride a) because it was our day off, and therefore the only time we could and b) because President and Sister Call happened to be working the wagons (President as a teamster and Sister as a narrator) on the same day, and in the same wagon. Which has never happened in the 14 months they've been serving in Nauvoo. It was so much fun! It was fun to listen to the different sites and be on the wagon. However, I found out I'm REALLY allergic to horses. Bad. Anyways. So we were told that we need to get the tickets early so that we can get on the wagon, so we planned on waking up right at 7:30, rolling out of bed, and going to the visitors center for tickets. We get there, and I'm like "Kenz... There's President's truck. He's here, let's call and see if this is really necessary." So we call him. Long story short, since it's not really busy yet we would be fine to come in about 45 minutes before the time we want to make it on the ride. Grrrreat.
So we go back home and go to sleep for a bit.
Anyways, like I said, the wagon ride was fun but made me really sick. Lesson learned. Afterwards we went to the bakery, the family living center, and the family history center. We were able to see how they made ropes, bread, candles, and rugs in the family living center. Which was awesome! After we made the rope, the Elder giving the demonstrations said that a rope is like a family. Each thread is important and necessary, and held together in the ends like a family held together by a celestial marriage. If someone decides to break away, the family is weaker. If someone cuts the marriage bond, the family falls apart.
Then, he told us a pun. And I love puns.
Probably would be a good idea to read this out loud.
He says "Once there was a rope who was very hungry. He tried to go to a fancy restaurant for dinner, but the server said 'I'm sorry, I can't serve you. You're just a rope.' So what does the rope do? He goes behind the restaurant in the alley, ties himself in a knot, and frays the top of himself. He goes back into the restaurant where the same server says 'Aren't you that rope that came in before?' and the rope says 'Nope, I'm a frayed knot.'"
Bahaha.
Anyways. And the family history center was fun, just did us some indexing. We then went for some frozen custard (I lost count of how many times we've gone and we've been here a week), went home, hung out for a few hours, and went running. On the way back, we saw Call's with their son, daughter-in-law, and grandkids. Anyways, we ended up with more custard. Whatever.

Thursday 5-16-13
Today was back to the old grind. SO much cleaning. However, Peggy let us go on our own today which was nice. Things are starting to get busier. On Tuesday, she had Kenz and I do all the stayovers and checkouts and there was a grand total of maybe 10. Tomorrow, each housekeeper will have 7 rooms. That'll be a party. But anyways, just your average day of work. Oh. But everyone keeps quitting. Three girls didn't even show up today.
Riiiiiidiculous.
When we got back from work, you would never guess what we did. WE CLEANED SOME MORE! It all started when we talked to the maintenance guy at work who said he would come and look at our electric hazard sink. So we're thinking we should probably get the dishes out of the sink so that he can work without them. As we take those out, we're like "Oh. This needs cleaned, and this, and this..." before we know it, we are standing in a completely spotless apartment. Woooow. So when we got done cleaning, we went for a run down to lake Horton (which was beautiful, as always. We are both entirely in love with it.) and came home, showered, watched the last episode of the office EVER, ate dinner, and... Well now I'm going to bed. Well... Here's a picture of lake Horton for ya.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness sis! this is a gorgeous picture. Almost could enter this in a contest. You really have a talent. I didn't get that.

    ReplyDelete