Thursday, May 23, 2013

Relief Society!!

So we live below an event center, right? When we saw this at first we kinda figured that it would be fine because it didn't look like they used it for much else besides storage and offices. Turns out that all the crap in there was actually some stuff that they had used for a garage sale a few days before we got there and they just hadn't cleared it out yet. Yeah, groups actually use the event center. This morning - on our day off, mind you - I wake up at 8 to the people singing Praise to the Man. Which is fine, one of my favorites, it's all good. Then I realize that they still had all four verses to sing. Plus I had a headache and stuffed nose. And achy back... Sheesh. After they sang, I could hear them all talking (after the silence of the prayer of course) and then they ALL decide to start moving around tables, or chairs, or something to really want to make me ticked! So this morning's wake up call was fantastic.
I had to go up to be trained for greeting groups anyways but I still didn't like being woken up earlier than I had to be.
I also finally got to do baptisms in the Nauvoo Temple today. Kenzie couldn't find her recommend so I ended up just going anyways... We looked everywhere for that sucker. Twice. And I know she brought it, cause I asked her on the way here and she showed it to me... So whatever. But. The temple was amazing! I just felt so peaceful in there. I always do. The temple worker took me over to the spiral staircase that goes all the way up to the top of the temple and I was able to look up all the way to the top. AMAZING. I wanted to go the rest of the way! I guess just added incentive to get my endowments taken out...

We had a relief society activity tonight too. I have never been more excited for a relief society activity in my life! Earlier today we remembered about it and we were like jumping around and singing "Yay Relief Society!!" The activity itself, however, was... Interesting. We got there and walked in and everyone that was in there just turned around and stared at us... And I mean everyone. So we just go "Uhh... We'll be right back..." and run into the bathroom haha. When we came back, there was a girl there that we work with! We were so excited! There was also that other girl named Natasha who's our age. She went to BYU Provo, which I normally would not be completely okay with but I'm desperate for friends soo... Haha I'm so kidding. She seems way nice. Really down to earth. She was like "I was hoping you guys would come!"
The other people in the ward, outside from our little table, are.... Interesting. To say the least. I don't really know how to explain it, it's kind of just something you have to experience personally. I just have to remind them that they all have testimonies and that they're all children of our Heavenly Father.

In other news, my behind hurts from sitting around so much.
Luckily that will change tomorrow. We won't go in until 11 because we have a group checking out at that time, but we also have people coming into all of those rooms like the next day so we need to hurry and get them all cleaned. So tomorrow will be long and crazy, and then hopefully we can do something with Call's. I haven't seen them in over a week and I miss them!

No comments:

Post a Comment