Friday - May 17, 2013
Payday. Sweet, sweet payday. To start off, we went to work. There wasn't much to do and one of the ladies in charge wanted to be off early for something so we ended up getting off at about 2:30. We got our checks, went home and changed, and ventured into Keokuk for a good little Walmart trip. We ended up getting a ton of groceries aaaaannnndddd.....
Furniture.
So, this is the greatest purchase I think we've made yet. As I'm typing this, we're both reclining in our relaxing chairs. We also took them to Lake Horton and sat in them on the dock for like two hours reading. Puh-retty sweet.
Funny story about our Walmart trip...
So we were looking for some Home Defense spray, you know the kind that you spray around the edges of your house and it keeps bugs out? We looked all over Walmart for this stuff. We finally end up towards the back of the store in the camping/fishing/hunting section. The only associate we can find is the one behind the camping counter. So I come up to him and say "Do you think you could tell me where the home defense spray is?" and he goes "Sure. Right down that aisle and to your right." So I go over there and I'm looking for it and Kenzie comes up behind me and goes "Kaitie, he's thinking we want guns. We should probably go."
I had to double over laughing in the next aisle.
Anyways. We didn't do much that night after we got home, just unloaded groceries, rejoiced in our new stuff, and watched our shows; mine being The Office, hers being Gray's Anatomy and Scandal.
Saturday - May 18, 2013
Wow. I have been graduated for two years. I remember when I though high school would never end, and that I'd be stuck there forever... Anyways. Not that I care. Just thought it was interesting.
We only had a few rooms each to do, so we ended up getting off at noon. Woo!! What did we end up doing? Going and seeing the sights on the day that we had mostly off? Nah, we came home and relaxed in our lawn chairs! Watched some TV shows, took a nap, and then I took a walk into town and went to a couple gift shops and stuff. I found a necklace in one that is the exact same one that Mary has, so obviously I had to buy it so we could be twinners. I also purchased a key chain with the star window from the temple on it, aaaannnnndddd..... A PREACH MY GOSPEL! Woo!! I was walking around looking at the books and I saw it sitting on the shelf and I felt so strongly the need to get it. We'll see if that comes in handy anytime soon! I definitely need it. I feel like I'm eventually going to be asked some questions when I work in a hotel with mostly nonmember coworkers. Plus it wouldn't hurt to study it to prepare for a potential mission.
When I got home, Kenz was awake so we gathered up our belongings (aka our chairs and a book) and headed to Lake Horton. This is the day that we spent like two hours on the dock reading. Saw a giant snake that sent me running. I got to talk to Ally on the phone! I miss Ally so much. I just wish she could come with me here.
When we got home, we watched the finale of The Office. It actually made me cry!! I love that show so much. And they even brought Michael back. Kenzie said "Jeez Kaitie, it's more fun to watch you watch the show than it is to watch the actual show." Sadly enough, that isn't the first time someone has told me that haha.
We had a "girls night", as if we don't do that every other night of the week. But really, we watched The Vow, had root beer floats, and ate chocolate chip cookie dough. It was quite lovely! Aaaannnddd we watched them in our lawn chairs. Of course.
Sunday - May 19, 2013
Today has been amazing. This morning, we decided to try a family ward instead of the missionary ward. I figure that, this way, we can get a calling and possibly get my mission papers started. Plus we can start going to ward activities, like the awesome Relief Society one this week! Dinner, a service project, crafts, happiness, and gloriousness. The ward is suuuper weird though haha. I'll just say... They live up to the typical Illinois stereotype that I've kind of discovered. BUT. It was so testimony-strengthening because even though they may be a little odd, have their quirks, and may believe some kind of interesting things they all seem to have an unwavering love and testimony of the church. It just shows that the church is so the same anywhere you go.
We were probably going to try another ward at the end of sacrament meeting, but the bishop arranged for our records to be transferred in before we even had been talking to him for five minutes. So we will be in the ward and the bishop promised we would be put to work! Oh, also. The Sister Missionaries that have been teaching Herb from the hotel were there at church. When they found out who we were, they said "Oh! Herb has told us about you. He says we remind him of you two because one of us has light hair and one has dark hair. He also said that he wants to take his wife and go visit all the sights with you guys sometime, so be prepared for that!" Which made my day!! I love Herb! He is the sweetest guy I have ever met!
After church, we made a quick lunch and went down to the visitor's center. We still had not had an official tour of the visitor's center yet, so we found a couple of sister missionaries to take us around. They were SO NICE. One went to BYU-I and the other went to Utah State! Weirdly enough, the one that had gone to Utah State was in my Mission Prep class this past semester. Small enough world yet? But really. We ended up taking about two hours there at the visitor's center getting to know these sisters and having our testimonies strengthened. They would show us a statue or a display and then ask us personal questions, like "Have you had to sacrifice anything in your life?" Or "How has praying helped you become closer to God?" And I felt like answering those questions really made me strengthen my own testimony. I don't think I've ever opened up about things from my life like that to two people I didn't know before. But like I've said before, I love having discussions like that with people and being able to share in the joy of the Gospel with my sisters.
When we were walking through the Women's garden, they were talking about some experiences they've had on their missions and again I was trying so hard to decide if it was something I could do or something I felt right about doing. Instead of feeling stressed, scared, and frustrated about it like I normally do I had an overwhelming calm and I heard a voice say "You will know." Which was amazing. I need to remember that yeah, I will know eventually. It's going to be a while before I would even get out so I need to take a step back and not freak out so badly over it. Shortly after that experience, I shared with the sisters how back and forth I was about everything. They asked what I was doing to prepare for that revelation, and then they told me that eventually I would be able to know what I need to do. Patience is such key.
I am so incredibly blessed to have spent time with these sisters today. It's just yet another witness that Heavenly Father has a plan for us and that he has so many things in our lives that can direct us to where we need to go.

No comments:
Post a Comment