Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Cookies. Nails. Pinterest Relapses.

Monday, 5-20-13

I don't even know what we did.
Haha.
Oh yeah! We worked until 4:30. Peggy works us to death. But not really, she just wants to get her hours in. When we got home we were sitting around forever watching Supernatural when Kenz got a phone call from her dad telling her about some Tornado watch that we were on and we go outside and oh, it's raining and really windy... It's sad that we can sit in our apartment and not even notice that anything is happening. Seriously there could have been a tornado and we would still be sitting around watching Supernatural. It was kind of scary? I mean I've never been in a situation where anything bad might even happen. But, lo, and behold, we're alive! Nothing happened. I think we might have watched Seinfeld? But really. Nothing happened haha.

Tuesday, 5-21-13

Yesterday we worked until 4:30 again. However, this time, we had every room done before lunch so the four hours after lunch was spent doing random crap that had already been done like three times. Like I said, Peggy likes her hours. BUT... Good news.
I GOT A $20 TIP!!
Awhyeahhhhh.
Also, we found out that we are going to start being trained for the front desk.
After work we just went to Lake Horton and tried to sunbathe... But it was still really cold. So we left and went running instead. I talked to Mary on the phone for an hour after we got back.

I MISS MARY SO MUCH.

Wednesday, 5-22-13

Work went by pretty quick today. Once we got all our rooms done, Kenz started training at the front desk and I went and talked to another manager lady about being trained to greet the large groups as they come in when it's after five. So I would kind of be the face of the hotel, kind of give them an overview of everything, give them their keys and their restaurant cards, etc. So that should be fun. After that I took a little stroll into town, called Ma, and went to this bakery thing that I've been dying to go to since I got here. Sadly, it was almost exactly the same as what I had for lunch. Except they had pickles and lettuce.
Add to the shopping list for next walmart trip: Pickles and lettuce.

I got home and Kenz was already back, so we just hung out for a bit, slept a little, made cookies....
Okay. That's an adventure worth going into.
So we don't have a measuring cup.
Any baking ingredients.
A mixer of any kind.
Or a decent cookie sheet.
How did we fix our problems?
We have a stack of plastic cups from the hotel that they use to put into the guest's rooms, and on the bottom it says they're 9 oz. I figure there's 8 oz. in a cup, so... Right below the line, eh?
We cut the shortening into the cake mix, put the eggs in, mixed it the best we could, and then Kenz threw her hands in there and mixed it manually.
The decent cookie sheet problem was fine. We still have a cookie sheet, it's just ghetto looking.
Anyways. So now we're watching Baby Mama. Living it up, since we don't work tomorrow! Well for very long anyways. I get to be trained on greeting groups tomorrow. Whoop!

No comments:

Post a Comment